Thursday, October 1, 2009

Indulge Me as I Reflect

Today is the day that my sister died. I reflect to show my love for her. My sister Marilyn Ann Honeycutt Dempsey died on this day in 1982. It was the day after her 35th birthday. She died of a massive heart attack while getting her children ready for school that morning. That day changed us all...forever.
Marilyn
Mimi
Mim
Loving mother of three
Mother of Christopher Dallas
Mother of Brandi Michelle
Mother of Heather Melissa
Wife of Donald Lee
Middle daughter of Frank and Tess
Sister to Laney
Sister to Philip
Sister of Carol
Loved cousin
Loved aunt
Lover of God
Tiny
Funny
Clever
Spendthrift
Coupon queen
Robe wearer
Horse lover
Tree lover
Periwinkle lover
Yellow rose lover
Best friend to many
Missed
Loved
Never forgotten

2 comments:

  1. I have thought of her a lot this week as she would have turned 62 on Sept 30th. I didn't voice it because it still hurts. I am reading your post at work and tears are rolling down my face. Even after 27 years, I still miss her so much. Your words are so beautiful and so true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have gotten the chance to know her the way you did. I know grandma is there keeping her company now.

    ReplyDelete