Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Recipe of the Week November 2, 2010


These three simple ingredients make these tasty delights...





Posted by Picasa
CAKE BALLS!
Today I presented  a professional development session for some of the teachers at my school.  Knowing that such things can be painful for participants I decided to make some goodies to help their morning with me more bearable.   I received glowing responses from them (about the cake balls.)  Here is the easy recipe for those who requested it.

Cake Balls

Cake mix of your choice  (The ones I made for today were make with a devil's food cake mix)
1/2 can frosting
1 pack Almond bark ( I used the chocolate type)
Ingredients needed to bake the cake: eggs, water, oil

Bake cake as directed and let cool.  Crumble cake.  Add 1/2 can frosting.  This makes a gooey concoction.  Form into quarter size balls.  Place on a wax paper covered cookie sheet and place in freezer for 30 minutes to harden a little.  Melt bark at directed on package and coat balls.  Place on wax paper.  Allow bark to harden and then enjoy.  They will keep several days in the refrigerator if they last that long!  The internet has some really cute versions if you want to fancy them up a bit.

2 comments:

  1. You make it sound so simple...I've heard otherwise but I suppose I could give it a try. Hopefully I'll remember to use the high altitude cake directions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made those last Christmas...they were pretty tasty.

    ReplyDelete