Monday, February 8, 2010

Tutorial-Family Blocks

For this project I bought 1 1/2 inch blocks.
I  used craft paint and painted the edges of each block.
I made a template slightly smaller than the block's surface. I cut squares of scrapbook paper to cover each side of the block except the side for the family member's picture and name card.
I printed family member's pictures on regular paper(not photo paper.)
Adhere paper or photo to each side using Mod Podge. Allow drying time for each side. It sure is hard to wait but very necessary.
When paper is dry, apply an overcoat of Mod Podge to each side allowing drying time for each side.

You may even want to cover an old tin with scrapbooking paper and Mod Podge to hold the family blocks.  I hope the child who recieves this next Christmas will enjoy it.  I'm getting started early this year!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment