Tuesday, March 8, 2011

My Dad

Today is the anniversary of my dad's death. 
It has been so long ago. 
The memories of that difficult time linger. 
I was young, in college and believed that my dad was indestructible. 
Then I watched as his body fought for life. 
Day by day he lost the battle.
Little did I know about the pain of loss until that March day.   
This week a friend of mine lost her father...
grief bubbles up at the thought. 
How many times in my adult life
 have I longed for his wisdom......
countless. 

Remember to treasure those you love now. 
So you may treasure their memory
 without
 regret
 later.

I miss you daddy!
Your baby girl

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. I miss my daddy too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing your thoughts so eloquently! We were blessed to have him as our dad. I too have wished I could call him for advise so many times. He was sometimes gruff on the outside but so loving on the inside and there wasn't anything he wouldn't do for his family. I miss him too.

    ReplyDelete