Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Cooking Lunch: A Blogging Tribute to Wonderful Women

Even though the people that I'm dedicating this post to were not invited to lunch today...I love them both and thought about them as I prepared this noon time meal. The first dedication is to my sister Laney. I told her on Monday, when I surprised her at work to wish her a Happy Birthday, that I needed to stay home so that I wouldn't spend any money (and I could sew.) She even called me Tuesday to check and make sure I was home! The second dedication is to my cooking friend, Brandi. She loves to make meals without going to the grocery store...using what she has on hand. Laney and Brandi, I cooked lunch today for Don's family and I didn't have to go to the store...I didn't leave the house AND I used what I had on hand.
Menu was something like this: tomatoes stuffed with fresh shrimp salad dressed with mixed greens, havarti crescent rolls, and cream of green bean soup. Dessert was the fudge pie from the previous post. The best part about lunch was the sweet look on my hubby's face that said, "I'm so proud of you." PRICELESS

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you, too! Love you, little sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! You are so sweet! Your menu sounds awesome! Doesn't it feel great to be creative like that? The meals always turn out more interesting that way. I miss you, friend.

    ReplyDelete